Roasted Root Vegetable Salad With Lentils
Top your mixed baby greens with warm, roasted root vegetables and lentils for a seriously satisfying salad. This is a great way to use up those leftover roasted vegetables. In fact, I’ve been known to make an extra portion of them up front to ensure I have enough leftover just for this roasted root vegetable salad. Yes, it is that good. This hearty salad serves two average humans, or one human with a voracious appetite. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need
- 4 C baby mixed greens
- 4 tbsp vinaigrette, or to taste
- 1 C roasted root vegetables (SEE RECIPE), chopped and warmed
- 1/2 C brown lentils, cooked
- 1/2 C tofu feta (SEE RECIPE) (optional)
- 2 tbsp roasted pepitas (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Pour mixed baby greens into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add vinaigrette and gently toss using your hands or tongs.
- Place salad greens in a serving bowl. Top first with lentils and then add warmed roasted root vegetables.
- Garnish with tofu feta, pepitas and/or fresh cracked black pepper to taste.