Balsamic Roasted Root Vegetables
For a rustic side dish with big flavor, try roasting this combination of root vegetables with olive oil, fresh cracked pepper, sea salt and thyme. After you pull your vegetables from the oven, drizzle them with aged balsamic vinegar. For best results, serve these balsamic roasted root vegetables either warm or at room temperature. If you have leftovers, make yourself a hearty Roasted Root Vegetable Salad With Lentils the next day! Yum!
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. baby potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 lb. baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 bay leaves, whole
- 1 tbsp French thyme, dried
- Sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Aged balsamic vinegar to taste
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Mix potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic in a large bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Season with French thyme, sea salt and black pepper to taste and toss again.
- Pour the root vegetable mixture into a pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375°F (190°C) and continue baking until fork tender.
- Remove vegetables from oven and drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Garnish your balsamic roasted root vegetables with fresh thyme. Enjoy!