Cumin Cauliflower Rice
Cumin cauliflower rice is an EASY grain-free swap for starchy white rice. If you have a food processor handy, it comes together in a snap. Just pulse a head of cauliflower and sauté in a little coconut oil with garlic and cumin. If you’re feeling really lazy, both Whole Foods & Trader Joe’s carry riced cauliflower in the produce section. Talk about an easy rice swap!
What You’ll Need
- 1 small head cauliflower, washed and dried
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Using a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until you have pieces the size of rice or couscous. Be sure to use the pulse setting to control the speed.
- In a large sauté pan, sauté the garlic in coconut oil for one minute over medium-low heat.
- Add the uncooked cauliflower and cumin to the pan and continue to stir and cook until softened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve. Enjoy!
Community Tips & Tricks
Natasha says, “Make It A Meal!”
Natasha turned this simple side dish into a well-rounded meal with the addition of black beans & avocado.
Looks delicious! Thanks, Natasha Newkirk Branch!