Garlicky Green Beans With Walnuts
Fresh green beans combine with garlic & toasted walnuts in this kicked up side dish. You’ll start by trimming, washing & boiling a big pile of fresh green beans until tender. To save time in the kitchen, start boiling the water just before you start trimming the beans. In a separate pan, toast the walnuts in olive oil before adding minced garlic & Italian parsley to create a flavorful sauce. If you want to double down on the walnut flavor, just swap in walnut oil for the olive oil. For a soy free option, omit the soy parmesan. Once you trim the beans, this whole dish comes together in less than 10 minutes. These garlicky green beans with walnuts are naturally gluten free. Serves 6-8.
What You’ll Need
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed & washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or walnut oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 C chopped walnuts
- 1/4 C soy parmesan (optional)
- Salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
How To Make It
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse beans. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Next, sauté the walnuts in olive oil or walnut oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add both the garlic and parsley. Continue to cook for another 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Now, grab that bowl of green beans. Add soy parmesan, if desired. Pour the nut mixture over the green beans and toss. Once combined, your garlicky green beans with walnuts are ready to serve. Enjoy!