Roasted Edamame Salad
Shelled edamame roasts in the oven alongside corn kernels, red bell pepper & green onions in this vibrant salad. Once cooled, you’ll mix the roasted vegetables with freshly chopped parsley, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds. End to end, this salad takes roughly an hour to make as you’ll cool the vegetables before you dress them. Be sure to bring a big bowl of this roasted edamame salad to your summer gatherings! Gluten free.
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups shelled edamame, fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the shelled edamame, corn, bell pepper, onion, garlic, ginger and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a baking pan. Roast the edamame mixture in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or just until the edamame starts to brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Once cool, stir in parsley, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Serve chilled. Enjoy!