Orange, Arugula & Fennel Salad
This flavorful salad pairs sweet navel orange with a spicy lettuce trifecta–arugula, fennel and radicchio! During the salad preparation, you’ll make your own dressing using freshly squeezed orange juice and olive oil. While any navel orange will do here, Cara Cara is an exceptional choice for this recipe. On serving, shelled sunflower seeds round out your orange, arugula & fennel salad by adding texture, depth and a welcome protein kick.
What You’ll Need
- 4 C arugula
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 small head radicchio
- 1 large navel orange
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 C shelled sunflower seeds
- Salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Start by coring and thinly slicing the fennel.
- Then, slice the radicchio in half, remove the core and thinly slice.
- Combine arugula, fennel, and radicchio in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Now, let’s make the fresh orange vinaigrette! Slice up one half of the orange, and juice the remaining half.
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice with olive oil and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, and toss to combine.
- Add orange slices, fresh cracked pepper and sunflower seeds to serve. Enjoy your Orange, Arugula & Fennel Salad!