Satsuma-Sesame Broccoli Slaw
Satsuma-Sesame Broccoli Slaw made with fresh broccoli & juicy satsuma oranges will brighten your whole day! This simple slaw comes together in 15 minutes from prep to finish for a quick & tasty lunch. Broccoli, bell pepper & water chestnuts bring plenty of fresh crunch, satsuma oranges supply the sweet sunshine & almonds finish with a protein kick. If you can’t find satsuma oranges in your local store, feel free to swap them with another mandarin orange variety. Gluten free. Soy free. Serves 5.
What You’ll Need
- 3 cups broccoli slaw
- 2 satsuma oranges, peeled & separated into segments
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeds removed & sliced
- 1 8oz can water chestnuts, sliced, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup almond slices
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- 2 satsuma oranges, juiced
- 1/4 tsp grated orange rind, optional
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp liquid aminos or tamari
How To Make It
- Let’s start by making the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, optional orange rind, rice vinegar, ginger, toasted sesame oil and liquid aminos until blended. Set aside.
- Now, let’s mix the broccoli slaw! In a large bowl, combine the broccoli slaw, orange segments, bell pepper, water chestnuts and almond slices.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli slaw and toss to combine. For best results, refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish your satsuma-sesame broccoli slaw with toasted sesame seeds and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe Card for Satsuma-Sesame Broccoli Slaw
Here’s the recipe card for Satsuma-Sesame Broccoli Slaw. Print, share or save!