Roasted Butternut Squash With Lime Tahini
In this well-balanced dish, roasted butternut squash & yellow onion are drizzled with lime tahini sauce, sprinkled with savory za’atar & finished with crunchy pepitas. While you’re roasting your vegetables in the oven, you may find that the onions cook faster than the rest of the butternut squash. If this happens, you’ll want to remove those onions a bit earlier. For best results, serve your roasted butternut squash with lime tahini at room temperature or slightly warm. Soy free. Gluten free. Serves 4.
Note: This recipe is adapted from Yotam Ottolenghi’s Roasted Butternut Squash recipe found in Jerusalem.
What You’ll Need
- 1 butternut squash, seeded and cubed
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 small lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp roasted pepitas
- 2 tsp za’atar
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In a large bowl, toss butternut squash and onion with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Arrange squash and onion on a baking sheet.
- Roast in oven until squash and onion are tender and lightly browned, 25 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. NOTE: Onions may cook faster than the rest of the squash and may need to be removed earlier.
- Now, let’s make the lime tahini sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, lime juice, water, garlic and salt. Depending on the consistency of your tahini, you may need to add a little more water or tahini to reach the consistency of a thick sauce.
- Dinner’s ready! Place your roasted squash and onions in a large serving bowl and drizzle with tahini sauce. Sprinkle with roasted pepitas, za’atar and parsley.
Recipe Card for Roasted Butternut Squash With Lime Tahini
Here’s the recipe card for Roasted Butternut Squash With Lime Tahini. Print, share or save!