Za’atar Popcorn With Olive Oil
Season your popcorn with Za’atar, nutritional yeast and olive oil for a seriously tasty snack! What is Za’atar, you ask? Za’atar is a savory spice blend containing sumac, sesame seeds and a variety of herbs. You’ll find this tasty spice throughout the Middle East and Mediterranean. Where else will you find it? In my belly! Every ingredient in this recipe is flexible to your tastes. Love nutritional yeast? Use more! Want to lower the fat? Reduce the olive oil! If you enjoy Middle Eastern and Mediterranean flavors, you must give this Za’atar popcorn a try!
What You’ll Need
- 6-8 C popcorn, popped
- 2 tbsp olive oil, or to taste
- 1 tbsp Za’atar, or to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
How To Make It
- In a large bowl, pour oil over hot popcorn and toss to coat.
- Combine Za’atar, nutritional yeast and sea salt in a separate bowl.
- Pour the spice mix over popcorn and toss again to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Your Za’atar popcorn with olive oil is ready to serve. Dig in!