Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
Simmer this simple & satisfying stuffed green pepper soup in your slow cooker. I bet you can’t say that five times fast. Hah! Now, let’s get down to business. Perfect for a weeknight meal, this delicious soup takes less than 10 minutes of prep in the morning. If you’re using your Instant Pot for slow cooking, you won’t need to dirty an extra skillet. Just use your Instant Pot’s setting for saute to brown the onions & veggie crumbles. If you want to make this soup without gluten or soy, I recommend using Beyond Meat’s Beefy Crumbles. Soy & gluten free option. Serves 8.
What You’ll Need
- 1 package veggie ground crumbles
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 3 medium green bell peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 cups vegetable broth, beef style preferred
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
How To Make It
- In a large skillet, brown onion and veggie crumbles in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent and crumbles are warmed through. NOTE: If you’re using your Instant Pot for slow cooking, you won’t need to dirty and extra skillet. Just use the saute setting!
- Now, transfer onions and crumbles to a slow cooker. Then add all remaining ingredients.
- Next, cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Dinner’s ready! Serve your stuffed green pepper soup with a sprinkle of soy parmesan and a slice of warm, crusty bread.
Recipe Card for Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
Here’s the recipe card for Stuffed Green Pepper Soup. Print, share or save!