Curried Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Bursting with the distinctive flavors of curry and roasted red peppers, serve this delicious soup as a starter course or pair with fresh bread as a centerpiece of your meal. This soup relies on the natural sweetness of roasted red peppers, the creamy flavor of coconut milk & the spicy depth of curry powder. An optional ingredient, ground walnuts bring forward an earthy depth, added thickness & a shot of protein. So, get your immersion blender ready! Your taste buds are going to LOVE this Curried Roasted Red Pepper Soup!
What You’ll Need
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled & chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 large red bell peppers, roasted with seeds removed & roughly chopped
- 1/4 C walnut pieces, ground (optional)
- 1/4 C fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 4 C vegetable stock
- 1/4 C coconut milk
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
How To Make It
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat, and add onion. Sauté for 2 minutes, and then add the potato. Continue to sauté for another 2 minutes, and then add the roasted red peppers, garlic and ground walnuts. Continue to sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, parsley and curry powder to the pot and bring to a simmer. Continue simmering over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Using an immersion blender, carefully puree the soup. NOTE: If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can also use a food processor or a regular blender. If using a food processor or blender, fill halfway and start slow. Pressure will build within the blender or food processor because the soup is hot. Process or blend carefully, in batches, and hold the top down with a dish towel. You don’t want a SOUP-SPLOSION!
- Stir in your coconut milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- SOUP’S ON! Garnish your curried roasted red pepper soup with a sprinkling of ground walnuts or chopped fresh herbs.