Check out these deliciously crispy smashed potatoes! These tasty morsels pair perfectly with a drizzle of sweet red pepper sauce and a sprinkle of pepitas. In just one bite, the crunchy outside gives way to creamy potato goodness. These smashed potatoes require a three step process: boil, smash & roast. To round out the meal, serve your smashed potatoes with a fresh green salad. Gluten and soy free.
What You’ll Need
- 15 baby potatoes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Place the potatoes in a large pan and cover with an inch or two of water. Add salt and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook the potatoes until they are completely tender. Gently remove the potatoes from boiling water and dry on a folded kitchen towel.
- Grab and fold second kitchen towel over the potatoes to protect your hands from the heat while you smash the potatoes. With the heel of your hand, smash each potato under the towel until they are roughly 1/2 inch thick.
- Place smashed potatoes on a parchment lined pan. Cool.
- While the potatoes are cooling, preheat the oven to 450°F. Brush both sides of the potatoes with peanut oil and season with salt & pepper. Roast until crispy and deep brown around the edges, about 25 to 35 minutes, turning once gently halfway through cooking.
- Dinner’s ready! Garnish your smashed potatoes with sweet red pepper sauce and roasted pepitas. Serve with a fresh green salad.
Here’s the recipe card for Smashed Potatoes. Print, share or save!