Hearty Kale Tacos With Lentils & Potatoes
These chipotle-kissed kale tacos are hearty, full of flavor and just a bit upscale. Here, we combine the flavor of kale with lentils and fingerling potatoes for a tasty taco filling. Earthy flavors of kale and potatoes lead the dish. Yet, lentils round out the dish with a welcome protein boost. Best of all, a subtle kick of chipotle adds just a bit of smoky spice for the best darn kale tacos that you’ve ever had.
What You’ll Need
- 2 C cooked lentils (or one 14oz can)
- 1 lb. potatoes, chopped
- 3/4 lb. kale, stems thrown out and leaves chopped
- 1/4 C extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 C fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground coriander
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 12 warm corn tortillas
- Radish and fresh parsley for garnish
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Toss the potatoes with 1 tbsp. of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour potatoes onto a baking sheet and set in the oven. Roast for 45 mins or so, tossing once, until golden and tender. Watch closely at 30 minutes to prevent burning. While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the kale & lentils.
- In a large skillet, heat the rest of the olive oil to medium. Add the lentils, fresh parsley, garlic and spices. Add the kale and toss until just wilted, then add cup of water. Cook over moderately low heat, stirring until the kale is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Fold in the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and spoon the kale mixture onto the tortillas. Tip: If your corn tortillas are thin, double them up to prevent them from breaking while you eat.
- Serve your kale tacos with thinly sliced radish and fresh parsley or garnish of your choice. Enjoy!