BBQ Jackfruit Street Tacos
Quick & easy BBQ Jackfruit Street Tacos make great use of prepared barbecue jackfruit. If you’re lucky enough to find a can of jackfruit in water at your local grocery store, you can easily make your own using your favorite barbecue sauce! Just drain, rinse & dry the jackfruit before sautéing. Then, stir in the barbecue sauce before building your tacos. Be careful to avoid canned jackfruit in syrup or brine as these will throw off the whole flavor. If you want to change things up, consider using this same recipe to build tostadas. Gluten free. Serves 2 hungry people.
What You’ll Need
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups prepared barbecue jackfruit -or- 1 can of jackfruit in water, drained + 1/4 C barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp epazote or Mexican oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 3 tbsp soy parmesan (optional)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small lime, quartered
How To Make It
- Saute jackfruit in barbecue sauce with epazote or oregano in olive oil over medium heat until warmed through. Season with pepper to taste.
- Heat corn tortillas in a microwave at 30-second bursts until they are warmed through.
- Now, let’s prepare the tacos! Grab your warmed tortillas and create 6 stacks of two. Divide the following ingredients evenly across each stack as you layer them on: barbecue jackfruit, soy parmesan (optional), onion and cilantro.
- Dinner’s ready! Serve your BBQ jackfruit street tacos with fresh lime wedges for garnish. Enjoy!