Baked Tostada Shells
Making your own tostada shells from fresh corn tortillas is so easy. All you need is a set of fresh corn tortillas and a little vegetable oil. After trying these baked tostada shells, you’ll never buy them off the shelf again. If you’re looking for topping ideas, try these Mushroom Tostadas with Avocado Drizzle!
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Lightly brush both sides of each corn tortilla with vegetable oil.
- Place on cookie sheet. Season with cumin to taste, if desired.
- Bake for 4 minutes. Flip, and continue baking for 4 more minutes. Check to see if they are crisp. If they are, remove them from the oven. If not, flip them again and continue baking until crisp. NOTE: Keep a very close eye on these as they can burn quickly once they have crisped up.
- Once the tostadas cool, they are ready to eat. Top them with a variety of toppings for an easy entree or gobble them up with salsa or guacamole as a snack. Enjoy!