Mabel’s Superfood Quinoa
From our We Want Veggies community, Mabel Tolentino brings us this delightful superfood quinoa! Superfood greens & walnuts combine with fresh carrots in a bright vegan quinoa salad. This versatile plant-based salad recipe is delicious served warm, cold or at room temperature. Serve Mabel’s Superfood Quinoa as a main or on its own as a naturally vegan side dish for the family. Vegan. Gluten Free. Soy Free. Serves 4.
For more inspiration from our worldwide community, join our We Want Veggies Recipe Share Group!
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 cup kale, massaged and chopped
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, chopped if desired
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How To Make It
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and quinoa to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water. This should take roughly 15 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let the quinoa rest. Set aside.
- Sauté the minced garlic, broccoli, zucchini, carrot and mushrooms in olive oil over medium heat until al dente.
- Remove from heat. Next, add both kale and sesame oil. Season with salt, pepper, chili flakes and balsamic vinegar.
- Combine your superfood vegetable mixture with the cooked quinoa. Finish with a sprinkle of walnuts. Enjoy!
Recipe Card for Mabel’s Superfood Quinoa
Here’s the recipe card for Mabel’s Superfood Quinoa. Print, share or save!