Holiday Quinoa Wraps
Quinoa mingles with apples, sweet dried cranberries & earthy walnuts in these healthy holiday collard green wraps. The optional dressing brings together tangy mustard with sweet maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. In preparation for this dish, steam the collard greens until they are vibrant green & pliable. These wraps are a great way to use up any leftover quinoa from the fridge. If you don’t have quinoa on hand, couscous is a great alternative. For those of you who are allergic to nuts, these holiday quinoa wraps are still good without them! Gluten free. Soy free. Makes 4 wraps.
What You’ll Need For Holiday Quinoa Wraps
- 4 leaves collard greens, steamed & stalks removed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
Maple-Mustard Dressing (Optional)
How To Make It
- Let’s start by making the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple, mustard and vinegar.
- Next, combine the quinoa, apple, walnuts and cranberries in a large mixing bowl. If desired, stir in 1 tbsp of the dressing mixture. Set aside.
- Now, let’s prepare our wraps! Set one collard green leaf down on your work surface. Depending on the size of your leaf, add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the quinoa mixture into the center. Garnish with 1/4 of the carrots & green onion.
- Fold in the sides of your collard green and roll it into a wrap. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each wrap.
- If desired, drizzle your holiday quinoa wraps with the remaining dressing. Enjoy!
Healthy Holiday Quinoa Wraps
Here’s the recipe card for Holiday Quinoa Wraps. Print, share or save!