Curried Chickpea Salad Lettuce Cups
These lettuce cups bring hearty chickpeas together with crunchy celery, sweet red pepper, fresh green onion & juicy mango. You’ll start by preparing a simple dressing of nonfat vegan mayo, fresh squeezed lime juice & curry powder. If you can’t find fresh mango at your local grocery store, just add a tablespoon of mango chutney during dressing preparation instead. Once you prep the dressing, combine it with the remaining ingredients and serve on fresh butter lettuce leaves. That’s it! These curried chickpea salad lettuce cups are PERFECT for a quick lunch or weeknight meal. Gluten Free. Serves 3.
What You’ll Need
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 C celery, diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, skin removed & diced
- 1/2 C red pepper, diced
- 1/3 C non-fat vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Whisk together mayo, lime juice & curry powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Next, pour the chickpeas into a large bowl. Mash lightly with a fork while leaving a few chickpeas whole.
- Once the chickpeas are mashed, mix in the celery, mango & red pepper.
- Next, gently fold in the mayo mixture and season with black pepper to taste.
- Serve your curried chickpea salad on top of fresh lettuce leaves for wrapping. Enjoy!