Stuffed Mushrooms With Freekeh
Crimini mushrooms are stuffed with creamy tofu spread and savory freekeh pilaf for a delicious treat! This is a compound recipe uses two additional recipes: Pita Spread With Tofu & Za’atar & Freekeh Pilaf With Eggplant & Red Pepper. If you make everything from scratch, you can knock these stuffed mushrooms out in roughly 45 minutes. This recipe, however, is the perfect way to polish off your freekeh pilaf leftovers. With a little leftover magic, you can whip this one together in less then 20 minutes!
What You’ll Need
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms
- 1/3 C Pita Spread With Tofu & Za’atar (SEE RECIPE)
- 1 C Freekeh Pilaf With Eggplant & Red Pepper (SEE RECIPE)
- 1 tbsp soy parmesan, grated
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Clean crimini mushrooms with a damp paper towel, and carefully break off the stems. NOTE: Discard stems or chop and save for an alternate use.
- Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap halfway with the pita spread.
- Then, using a clean spoon, fill each mushroom cap the rest of the way with a generous amount of freekeh pilaf.
- Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared baking sheet and season with fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and juicy. Remove from oven.
- Garnish your stuffed mushrooms with soy parmesan. Enjoy!