Roasted Eggplant Dip
This delicious roasted eggplant dip brings hearty eggplant, sweet red bell pepper, fresh onion & garlic together with the complexity of baharat seasoning for a savory treat. Pair this dip with baked naan chips (see recipe) & crudités for a party snack. For a light meal, spread this roasted eggplant dip on a thick slice of toast & garnish with a sprinkle of roasted sunflower seeds & a small pile of fresh microgreens. Gluten free. Soy free.
What You’ll Need
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and coarsley chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and coarsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp baharat seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the eggplant, onion and red bell pepper together with garlic and olive oil.
- Spread vegetable mixture in a large baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender. Stir once or twice during baking to ensure even roasting. Remove from oven and cool.
- Pour vegetables into a food processor. Add tomato paste and baharat seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pulse several times until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve your roasted eggplant dip with baked naan chips (see recipe) and fresh crudités. Enjoy!