White Bean Patties With Fresh Herbs
These wholesome veggie patties bring cannellini beans together with fresh garlic, parsley & tarragon. Whether you serve these on a bed of fresh greens or on a toasted bun with your favorite condiment, you’ll find these white bean patties are a great addition to your regular meal rotation.
What You’ll Need
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1/8 C soy parmesan
- 3/8 + 1/4 C breadcrumbs
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
How To Make It
- In a food processor, pulse parley, tarragon and garlic until finely chopped.
- Add soy parmesan, 3/8 C breadcrumbs and 1/2 of the cannelini beans to the food processor. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Process until well combined.
- In a large bowl, smash the remaining beans with a fork. Add the processed beans to the bowl and mix until combined. Before moving on to the next step, spread the remaining breadcrumbs onto a plate for dredging.
- With wet hands, work the mixture into a rounded ball and smoosh it to flatten slightly. Using your hands, go ahead and divide this piece into 4 equal pieces.
- Grab a piece, work it into a ball and then press it into a 1/2″ patty. Coat the patty with breadcrumbs and set on a plate. Repeat with the remaining 3 pieces. Allow the white bean patties to rest in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. NOTE: If you want to save yourself some time later, this is a great time to do some cleanup or prepare a simple side dish.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Cook the white bean patties until browned on one side. Flip each patty to finish browning on the other side.
- Serve your white bean patties on a bed of greens or on a bun with a garnish of your choice. Enjoy!