Sweet Potato Wedges & Beet Ketchup
Check out these roasted sweet potato wedges served with a tangy, balsamic beet ketchup! You’ll start by bringing soft beets together with apple cider vinegar, onion, coconut oil & agave over the stove. Using a food processor, you’ll then spin in balsamic vinegar, herbs & a little bit of water to create a flavorful dipping sauce with earthy undertones. This ketchup packs a powerful flavor punch, which pairs perfectly with these easy roasted sweet potato wedges!
What You’ll Need for the Wedges
- 3 sweet potatoes, scrubbed & cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
What You’ll Need for the Ketchup
- 1 C beets, cooked soft & chopped
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 C apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp agave (or other sweetener)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C water
How To Make It
- Combine beets, onion, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil & agave in a medium-sized pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once your mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat to medium and stir constantly just until the onions are softened. NOTE: Because you’re working with a low volume of liquid here, your beet mixture can burn very easily during this step if you aren’t careful!
- Remove from heat and pour into a food processor or blender and puree. Add balsamic vinegar, cloves, coriander & salt. Continue to puree, streaming in water until the ketchup reaches your desired consistency. This may be less than the 3/4 C of water you have handy.
- Once your beet ketchup is finished, let it cool while you roast the sweet potato wedges.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potato wedges in melted coconut oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
- Spread the potatoes in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast, flipping halfway, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Serve your sweet potato wedges warm with your fresh balsamic beet ketchup. Enjoy!
First, Make the Balsamic Beet Ketchup
Now, Roast the Sweet Potato Wedges