Gnocchi With Peas, Lemon & Herbs
Bring springtime to your dinner table with this vibrant gnocchi dish loaded with spring peas, tangy lemon & fresh herbs. Be sure to use only half of the olive oil to sauté the garlic. For best results, work two burners at the same time during preparation as this dish comes together very quickly once the water is boiling. Just before serving, coat the gnocchi with the remaining olive oil, lemon, scallions, tarragon & mint.
What You’ll Need
- 3 C gnocchi, pre-packaged or homemade
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 C water, plus more for boiling gnocchi
- 1 C frozen green peas
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small lemon, juiced & zested
- Salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Soy parmesan for garnish (optional)
How To Make It
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, sauté garlic in half of the olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add peas & 1/4 cup water to the skillet. Simmer gently.
- As soon as you’ve thrown the peas into the skillet, add gnocchi to boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes, or until gnocchi float on surface. Remove gnocchi with a slotted spoon & add to the skillet.
- Add the scallion, tarragon, mint, lemon juice & zest. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add the remaining olive oil. Toss gently to combine.
- Serve covered with a sprinkling of soy parmesan & a fresh mint leaf. Enjoy!