Garlicky Cauliflower Mash (Slow Cooker)
This simple, yet elegant garlicky cauliflower mash is made right in your slow cooker. Use more or less garlic based on how much cauliflower you have on hand, and how much you love garlic. For those of you who are serious about your garlic, consider throwing in 3-4 cloves per head of cauliflower. Unlike many other cauliflower mash recipes, this dish stands up well on it’s own. No gravy required!
What You’ll Need
- 1-2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5-8 C water
- 1-4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chives, sea salt and/or fresh cracked black pepper for garnish
How To Make It
- Pour cauliflower florets, garlic cloves and bay leaf into the slow cooker. If you have only one head of cauliflower, 1-2 cloves of garlic will suffice. More cauliflower? More garlic!
- Add enough water to almost cover the floret mix and season with a little salt.
- Cover and cook on on LOW for 4-6 hours or until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and drain.
- Mash the cauliflower. For a chunkier texture, use a potato masher. For a silky side dish as presented here, use an immersion blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh chives, green onions or another garnish of your choice. Enjoy!
I made this cauliflower mash using my Instant Pot as a slow cooker. I’m a big, big fan of my Instant Pot. This awesome device is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, sauté pan, yogurt maker, steamer AND a warmer …all on one!View Instant Pot Details