Korean Chickpea Fusion Bowl
Earthy sesame, sweet agave and spicy gochujang paste ground this colorful Korean chickpea fusion bowl. Save time by chopping the vegetables and glazing the chickpeas while you are soaking the cellophane bean thread noodles. If you don’t have cellophane noodles, you can easily swap in your favorite rice or rice vermicelli. This recipe serves two hungry people.
What You’ll Need
- 1 bundle of cellophane bean thread noodles
- 2 small bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into match sticks
- 1 1/2 C (1 can) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 C chopped Napa cabbage or fresh salad greens
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. tamari, soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1-1.5 tsp gochujang paste or sriracha
- 2 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Black pepper to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
How To Make It
- Fill a small pot with water and heat to boiling. Remove from heat and drop in the bundle of cellophane noodles. Let soak for 20 minutes to soften and drain.
- In a large skillet, add chickpeas, toasted sesame oil, gochujang paste, agave nectar, garlic, ginger, toasted sesame seeds and black pepper. Stirring often, cook the chickpea mixture over medium for 5 minutes or until warm and slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Place Napa cabbage or salad greens into bowls. Arrange bell peppers, cucumber, cellophane noodles and chickpeas in roughly equal portions on the bed of greens.
- Garnish your Korean chickpea fusion bowls with fresh black pepper and toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!